Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm opening RICHMOND ENGLISH sisters!! (2/12/14)

This week was SO BUSY AND INSANE! I loved it and I'm so glad to be in my new area, but I do miss my old area and Sister Dockstader a lot.

So, it all started off with the transfer call on Monday. Sister Dockstader is staying in Chilliwack and she got a new companion, Sister Black. And I am opening Richmond English Sisters with Sister Petersen. I don't even have a picture with her yet but I'll put one up soon.

I had to say goodbye to the Fox family. I'm going to miss Sister Fox SO much! She's the greatest!
 
 And here is a picture of me and Sister Dockstader. Goodbye Chilliwack!!
 
It was SO cold! Hahaha. Anyways, I was packed up on Wednesday and we drove to Richmond for Transfer meeting on Thursday. I learned so much about how to be a better missionary and improve myself to become what God wants me to be. Then, I got my new companion Sister Petersen. She's from North Ogden, Utah :) 

We've been living with the Richmond Chinese Sisters since then, because our apartment situation hasn't been figured out yet. They are SO CUTE! We love them so much :) Sister Ding and Sister Li:
 
 
They make the BEST food in the whole world! Oh my goodness :) Sister Li is from Taiwan and Sister Ding is from mainland China. 

Then we got to work! We started by weekly planning, and it was really interesting trying to plan for an area that neither of us knew. We made it through with the Lord's help, and I have learned that planning is so important. We don't need to work harder to hasten the work, because there is a limit to how hard we work. We just need to work smarter and use the resources that we have and the spirit to guide us :)

Then on Sunday, we went to church! It is so wonderful being in Richmond because church is in the same building as the mission office! We have all the senior couples that work in the office in our ward and I love them all so much! They have helped strengthen me when I felt weak, because it's hard opening an area.

On Sunday, a part-member family went up to the Elders and said that they were ready to be baptized and the Elders gave them to us to teach! It was such a miracle! Throughout all the uncertainty this past week, the Lord was able to bless us because we were working as hard as we could! Wendy is the mom and the daughter is 9 years old. The daughter was waiting for the mom to be ready so that they could be baptized together. Sister Petersen and I are SO excited for them :) Their baptismal date is Feb 23rd!

So if you want to send me mail send it to:

Sister Gabrielle Struempler
Canada Vancouver Mission
P.O. Box 149
Point Roberts, WA 98281

or you can send it to the mission office (but that will need an international stamp)

Sister Gabrielle Struempler
Canada Vancouver Mission
8440 Williams Road
Richmond, B.C.
V7A - 1G6
Canada

The Lord chastens us because he loves us and wants us to be better. Sometimes when missionary work or just life in general gets super overwhelming, we just need to "get over it and get to work!" Doing the Lord's work is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm only able to do it with His help. We need to follow the commandments to get His help. I am so grateful to be a part of His church and I know that this gospel is true. I am out preaching it because it's the only way that our brothers and sisters can return to live with Heavenly Father again. I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment