Saturday, March 22, 2014

Have miracles ceased? NAY!!!!! (2/18/14)

Wow, this week has just been full of so many miracles! I don't even know where to start! First of all, we were able to move into our own apartment. It was an old elders apartment....again! Please Elders, CLEAN YOUR APARTMENTS! We spent 5 hours on the kitchen alone. But it's all clean now, and we are able to feel the spirit! I am so grateful that we were able to do that!
 
Here are a couple big miracles that stick out to me:
 
One night it was just POURING rain. We didn't want to knock doors in the rain and wind and storm, so before we got out of the car, we said a prayer that someone would be kind enough to let us into their home so that we would be able to get out of the rain. And we knocked on one door...they didn't like us...the second door...nobody was home...and the third door...a super nice asian lady answers. All we said was "Hello" and she was like "come in, come in! it's cold outside"! She took our umbrellas, coats, and sat us on her couch and gave us warm water. Sister Petersen and I didn't know what to do because she was so kind! We told her that we are missionaries and she said that she knew some. She pulled out a buisness card and it was the card for the ESL class that we have at the church on Saturdays! She is from China and her English isn't that great, but we were able to teach her the whole restoration and it was just such a miracle. The spirit was so strong and we were able to bear our testimonies to her!
 
Brenda! Brenda is such a miracle. The Elder's gave us her to teach. She has been smoking for the past 50 years, and that's why we changed her baptismal date to March 22nd. She didn't smoke all day on Saturday and Sunday, but did have one on Monday. That's just a testimony to me that we all slip up sometimes, and we just have to keep trying to do our best and follow the commandments. She said that she won't smoke anymore so everyone please keep her in your prayers! She also is having a knee replacement surgery at the end of this month. I know that with the Lord, everything will go well and that she will be baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ.
 
Last BIG miracle. We were street contacting (you can do that here in Richmond!!!! FINALLY!!!) and we talked to this man that was COVERED in tattoos and gave him a mormon.org card. He said that he was a member of the church, but hasn't come in over 10 years! His brother is a bishop and all of his family is active! We were able to talk to him more and he wanted us to teach his girlfriend and two daughters the gospel! We were able to teach them a little last night and the spirit was so strong. I know that Heavenly Father puts us in the places that we need to be at the right time, so that we can help the people that need it the most.
 
On top of all of these miracles, I was able to go to the Temple today and I SAW THE GULBRANSON FAMILY FROM VANDERHOOF THERE! Kalene was getting her endowment because she got called to the Provo, Utah mission and TIFFANY got sealed to Korlyn in the temple! I wasn't able to see Tiffany, but IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE THE REST OF THE FAMILY! And, I also saw people from Chilliwack as well. I feel like B.C. is starting to become like home. There are so many people here that I love and care about.
 
I love this gospel, I love my mission and I am so greatful for the inspired leaders that we have in this church and that we have a living Prophet to lead and guide this church today.
 
Please write me! I haven't gotten any letters yet! You can even use a U.S. Stamp now and send it to:
 
Sister Elle Struempler
Canada Vancouver Mission
P.O. Box 149
Point Roberts, WA
98281
 
If you send me a package, make sure to write on the outside what is in it so that they can take it across the border!
 
I LOVE YOU!!
 
Sister Struempler

No comments:

Post a Comment