Friday, October 25, 2013

Vanderhoof . . . Santa's newest reindeer! (10/21/13)

Doesn't Vanderhoof sound like the name of a Reindeer? Thank you Sarah Dorman for pointing out that lovely fact to me.

This week has been INSANE! We taught 15 lessons and then another 6 with members. We found 14 new investigators! The work is hastening quickly! I had no idea we could find so much success in a tiny ranch town. I'm so blessed to be able to witness so many miracles every day.
 
Last Monday, Sister Ellgen and I decided that we needed to do something fun. So, we made a "bag-o-fun" for Sister Brown and Sister Shelley and hid it in a tree by their apartment. It was funny because they couldn't find it until the next day because it was too dark when they got home.
 
Me being a sneaky ninja and hiding the bag-o-fun!
We also were able to have thanksgiving desert and a lesson at a member's house with some of their friends. They became new investigators which was really awesome.
 
On Tuesday night, Sister Ellgen went to Prince George and Sister Kindlespire came to be my companion. We had fun climbing in the cabin tuesday night. We had a great lesson with a man named Clarence who was a foster child and had a really rough life. People will listen to the gospel after truly being humbled. 
 
 
 
She was terrified of climbing up that high . . . it was funny!
  

Sister Kindlespire went to BYU Idaho and I'm pretty sure I saw her there because I totally recognized her when we first met. I don't know how I know her though.
 
We really love each other . . . hahaha!!
 
 
 
We had a wonderful district meeting Wednesday morning and Sister Brown taught us so much as well as Sister Kindlespire who is one of the Sister Trainer Leaders. It was so uplifting and inspiring.
 
 
Sister Kindlespire went to Fort St. James with Sister Bigler and went tracting and taught some wonderful lessons. Sister Bigler is an angel for driving us around and spending her afternoon with us.
 

 
On Thursday, we have weekly planning. We got to spend the morning inside and then went tracting and taught some lessons during the afternoon/night. I love our pellet stove! It keeps us warm.
 
 
-1 Degrees Celsius! ahhhh!! Yeah, it's definitely getting colder. It's okay because my mission president says that "the weather will always work out in our favor." I hope that doesn't mean tracting in 10 feet of snow. Okay, well that's exaggerating a little bit.
 
Victoria is our most solid investigator right now and we had a lesson with her on Saturday. She's ready to be baptized, but hasn't been able to make it to church yet. She'll have to come every Sunday to be baptized on her date of November 10th. Hopefully, everything will work out! Pray for her for me :D 
 
The gospel is true and I'm so thankful to be a part of this wonderful new era of missionary work. It is seriously hard work, but it's so worth it. I hope that you all have personally taken on Elder Ballard's challenge to find someone to share the gospel with before this Christmas. (His Saturday afternoon session conference talk). 
 
Thank you all for sending me mail! it makes me so happy, so please keep sending me some! It always makes me feel better.
 
Sister Struempler
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment