Sunday, October 6, 2013

huckin' wood & stackin' hay! (9/30/13)

This week has been so interesting.

I was able to get my BC license last week! That is pretty exciting. It should be coming in the mail in the next few weeks. I don't know if I actually want to drive, but I'll probably have to eventually.

Last P-Day Sister Ellgen and I got super cute Canada North sweatshirts and now we are twinners!
 
 
 
Yes, we have a mattress on top of the wall. We have no idea where it came from. There are some weird things we have found in our cabin.

So when we were tracting on Tuesday we tracted into this lady that had taken the discussions from missionaries before, so she wasn't interested. She then told us to stay safe and I said "we'll try." She was like "don't try, be safe!" and then asked us if we have pepper spray. We didn't, so then she decided to give us some. I've been carrying it around in my bag ever since.

We helped a lady in her garden this week and taught her a lesson as well. It was so nice to wear jeans! We also got to wear jeans when we helped Sister Mecham (the relief society president) huck and stack wood, and also stack hay. It was a new experience! I'm starting to understand more about these country folk. They are so nice and I love them. I just know that I'm never going to live on a farm when I grow up. Oh wait, I already am grown up . . . kind of. 

We went to Fort Saint James again this past week and ate dinner at this place called Little Jimmy Fries, I think. It was really awesome! The owner came up to us and asked us about our name tags. We gave her our number and a pamphlet. The Lord is preparing people everywhere to hear the gospel, that is for sure. 

Angelina and her daughter Marie committed to be baptized! YAY! Angelina is giving up coffee and actually bought some hot chocolate at the store to drink instead. This gospel is so important and I know that when people sacrifice, they receive blessings. 

On Friday, I went on an exchange; Sister Van Tienderen came to Vanderhoof and Sister Ellgen went to Prince George. It was a great day! We went to Fraser lake and found two new investigators. There was a crazy orange cat that followed us around and was acting super spastic. 

We also had a great lesson with a man named Manny! He is from Surrey and is Punjabi. He's hilarious and we invited him to be baptized. He said he would think about it.
 
Sister Van Tienderen is from Salt Lake City, Utah!

We were able to have dinner with Manny yesterday (Sunday Sept, 29th) 
 
 
Yes, I'm wearing two name tags. Don't judge! Kalene is on the very left, and she is going to turn her mission papers in very soon. Then, Sister Ellgen and I. Then, there is Ocean and her mom Sister Ruby Arnold. Sister Arnold served her mission in Vanderhoof and then came back for her husband Jarom. It's a cute story. Then Manny is on the very end! It was an amazing night!

We also had a sort of lesson with this lady named Georgine. She is Jewish, and likes to constantly remind us of that.
 
We always see her walking around. She's super nice! She told us that if she was to be Christian that she would be a Mormon because she thinks that we are the best, hahaha! She's awesome. 

We tracted in the rain a lot on Saturday and Sunday. I know that we were blessed because we found some new people. It's hard when it's raining and we get cold, wet and muddy. It's okay though. God gives us trials to bless us. 

This week is transfer week! I get to go down to Richmond even if I'm not transferred, because I'm still being trained. That should be fun. Email me this week PLEASE because I don't know if I'm going to be staying in Vanderhoof or not and then I can email you back with my new address for MAIL :D 

I love you all and I pray for you!

Sister Struempler 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment