Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another 6 Weeks in Vanderhoof plus it's my 2 month birthday! (10/7/13)

I didn't get a transfer call. I'm staying in Vanderhoof for another 6 weeks. I don't hate it here in the North, I just LOVE Vancouver and miss being there. I'm just going to keep praying that one day I will love Vanderhoof as well. I love the people and I love the work, so that's all that really matters right now.

On Wednesday we were tracting in the morning, and I got attacked by a giant scary horse-dog, hahaha! It nipped at me twice, but it didn't bite through my jacket. I just have a bruise. Heavenly Father protected me from the scary dog! We'll have to knock on that door another day. Or maybe just knock on the side of the house if the dogs are still there.
 
I flew down to Vancouver on wednesday and got to go street contacting there. That was SO FUN! I love Vancouver! Seriously. Then on Thursday we had transfer/training meeting. I got to see all of the newbie missionaries come in. I can't believe that was me six weeks ago!
 
I got to see Sister Dixon and Sister Lavery! They are both in the Okanogin (I can't spell it), which is in the south east of British Columbia. 
 
General Conference was amazing. I can't believe that exactly one year ago they made the annoucement that would change my life forever. And now I'm on a mission because of it! I get to experience so many miracles and blessings every day because of it.
 


So, Manny has been watching General Conference his whole life apparently, but just didn't know that it was associated with our church. He is golden. He just needs a testimony of the Book of Mormon and then I know that he can become truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Angelina didn't like the fact that we asked her to not drink coffee. We just love her and want her to be happy!  She doesn't want to be baptized anymore which is really sad. We will still be her friends and hopefully she will come around eventually.
 
I'm learning to Be Happy Now! That is my goal this week! I know that I am doing the Lord's work and He will help me.

Sister Struempler

No comments:

Post a Comment