Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm on an Island :) (6/16/2014)

This week started with me saying my final goodbyes. Here's my precious Abi! She's so cute, and I'm going to miss her so much. She even got me some flowers! <3
 
 
My last time going to physiotherapy with Sister Petersen!
 
Saying goodbye to my friend Destiny <3
 
This is Deeanna who's son just got hip surgery. He has cerebral palsy. It went well and he's getting his other hip done at the end of the month! Please pray for this family for me <3
 
Saying goodbye to Emily and Brad :')
 
Throwing away my first pair of nasty missionary shoes!
 
Goodbye Sister Petersen! <3 
 
My whole MTC district was at the Transfer meeting! Woot woot :)
 
Me and my new comp: Sister Jolie. We had to ride a ferry to get here!
 
 
This was a crazy, exciting week! I really don't even know where to begin. I was able to say goodbye to some people at the beginning of the week. I miss Richmond SO much, but I'm excited to be in a new area. Thursday was so bitter-sweet. It was President and Sister Tilleman's last transfer meeting. It was one of the most spiritual meetings I have ever been too. We started out with every missionary going up to shake President and Sister Tilleman's hands. Missionaries had already started crying by then, along with the Tillemans. We had a wonderful last training from them, and I am just so grateful for them. President and Sister Tilleman are my heroes, and I'm so thankful for the influence they have had on me. I love them so much! 
 
Then in the afternoon, we took a ferry to Nanaimo. We stayed the night with the sisters in Qualicum Beach. I found out about this famous place called "Goats on Roof." That pretty much describes the Island. People are so relaxed here and love nature. I'm so excited! 
 
Friday we drove up to Courtenay. It's so beautiful! Mountains and trees and the beach are close by. The people are so wonderful! We were able to go to a general women's broadcast on Friday night for all women ages 8 and up in British Columbia. There were a lot of inspirational messages and uplifting stories shared. I love the women of the church <3
 
Saturday, we had our first coordination meeting with our ward mission leader and his wife. They both served missions in California! Apparently, our ward mission leader served with someone from Sammamish because he remembered the name. We went out in the bonnies to contact a referral, and she wasn't home. So we tracted out in the bonnies in the afternoon. Reminded me of Vanderhoof! 
 
I had my first Sunday here! The ward is wonderful. I was already asked to speak next Sunday...oh joy! This area is just going to explode! I know that we will see so many miracles.
 
I love the gospel! I love being a missionary! Write me letters! 
 
Love,
Sister Struempler

No comments:

Post a Comment