Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Lights!! (12/29/2014)

This week was SO amazing. I just love Christmas and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! 

Monday we had our Christmas party with the other sisters in our district! We took a video of us acting out the nativity. It was pretty stinkin' hilarious.
Wisemen
 
Mary, Joseph & Baby
 
Angel
 
Shepherds
Then we went and had FHE with an awesome family. They were going ice skating for FHE, so we couldn't really participate....but we shared a message all about He is the Gift! We also helped this lady in our ward clean her house because she lets us do our laundry at her house for freeee!!!!

Tuesday...we had this awesome lesson with this new investigator named Bruce! He's going to give Sister Bernard a piano! So sweet! So he's an amazing person and has questions about why his mom died and why the love of his life died from cancer. We taught him about the plan of salvation and it was so great. We think that his mom led him to us so that he could learn about the restored gospel, because she was super religious before she passed on.  

Wednesday!! We went caroling with Sister Holbrook and Sister Soram. Some lady gave us coupons for fro-yo because we caroled to her, so we went and got that as well :) Then we went finding and then had Christmas Eve dinner with Sister Rhodes. It was amazing! Roast beef and the works.
 
getting excited to open our presents tomorrow!!
CHRISTMAS!! We woke up and opened our presents :) WAHOO!! so excited. We studied and were off to the Pimiskers. We had Christmas brunch there and Sister Bernard skyped her family.
 
Sister Bernard calling her family
 
what I do when Sister Bernard calls her family...hehehe!
 
It was awesome!! Then we walked around downtown for a bit and handed out "He is the Gift" cards. We then had lunch with this less active lady and her husband...the ones with millions of dogs. It was fun! hahahaha. Then we came back and I got to call my family! Wahoo! See y'all in 10 days!!! And then we had Christmas dinner with this older lady in our ward and a couple of her kids. All in all, it was an amazing Christmas!!! Even though it didn't snow until yesterday hahaha!
 
Snow!!
 
Friday! We were both dying, but we finished weekly planning. So sick! We both have colds that we just can't seem to get rid of. But, the sister training-leaders came over with ice cream and that gave us motivation to go out. We went and knocked on peoples doors. We talked to this awesome Jamaican 7th-Day-Adventist. We also contacted this lady named Joleen that we found a few days earlier, and she became a new investigator! Miracles!! God rewards us when we are diligent, even when we are sick!  :)
 
Christmas lights!
 
Saturday!! Aw man, I have an awesome story for Saturday: We went finding a lot on Saturday, and we were getting sick of it. It was snowing and cold and just ...yeah, not the greatest day for two sickies to be out. But we did it! We were out in Rutland and we walked up to this door that had a snow shovel on the front porch. I said a silent prayer that nobody would be home, so that I could shovel their driveway. It was amazing! Nobody answered, so Sister Bernard held my bag while I just shoveled away. It just makes you feel better when you do service for people! Then Sister Bernard was super inspired to go to this complex and knock on some doors, instead of where we were at the time. First lady...nobody...second door...this lady was just walking out to smoke. Her mom is in the hospital and her son just died. She was just stressed out of her mind! We were able to comfort her and pray with her, and it was just an amazing experience. One of those moments when I knew that I was at the right place and the right time, ya know? Plus she grew up in Alberta and knows tons about Mormons! We are going to go back and teach her!! anyways.... Then that night, Sister Soram and Sister Holbrook had a baptism and we got go. It was amazing!!!
 
Sunday! Church was amazing. I learned so much! It was just one of those awesome Sundays :) We went and dropped by people and visited this awesome family! The husband is from Africa and they have the cutest love story ever, and the cutest little girl ever. 
 
It was an amazing week, and I'm so grateful that I can be a missionary at this special time of year. This next week is going to be the best week ever and I'm so excited! My last week of my mission...who knew that this day would ever come. I thought that I was going to be a missionary forever! I guess not...hahahaha. But I just want you all to know that I love Jesus Christ. I know that He is my Savior. I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it's true. I know that it changes lives and that it is the word of God. I am so grateful that I got to be a missionary for Christ's church for these past 18 months. This is the way to be happy. The church is true.
 
I LOVE YOU ALL! 
 
Sister Struempler
 
p.s. check out the World's Largest Nativity on youtube. It's posted by the piano guys! It's AMAZING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment