Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry almost Christmas!! (12/16/13)

Another week in Canada and I was SO SICK. It was horrible. Being sick at home is fine because you can miss school...watch tv...eat food...read books...be lazy. Not on a mission. My motto for this week was "work when I can, sleep when I need to." I think I was going stir crazy because all I could do was read the scriptures and sleep and do missionary work if I was feeling up to it.

THANK GOODNESS for the priesthood because I was able to get a blessing on Sunday so hopefully I will be better this week.

So between feeling horrible/nauseous/dizzy/sneezey/all the gross things, we were able to get some things done!
 
We went tracting and found some new investigators! It's fun going tracting and knocking doors this time of year because we get to admire all the pretty Christmas lights. And if people yell at us we just look at the Christmas lights and then feel better.
 

We are meeting with this lady who used to be a heroine addict but has now turned her life around, has been sober for 3 years, and has a baby! She is the GREATEST PERSON and I love her so much. She has horrible anxiety and hasn't been able to make it to church yet...hopefully one day she will! I love meeting so many awesome people. That is one of the most fun things about being on a mission!

We had two investigators come to church! One is the son of a recent convert, and he says that he wants to be baptized which is awesome! And the other one is the mom of a less active who is now coming to church again because he got a new job, so he doesn't have to work on Sundays. She's a little hesitant because her husband doesn't speak English (only Chinese) so he doesn't want to go to church with her. Please pray for Jane so that she'll want to be baptized and come to church with her son!!!

This morning was interesting because we woke up and it smelled like something DIED in our apartment. We tried to locate the source of the smell and thought it was under the sink in the bathroom. We CLEANED the bathroom so well, but the source of the smell is yet to be determined. Hopefully we will figure it out this week because I don't know how much longer I can handle the smell. I'll keep y'all updated.
 
Sister Kennedy! She has been out for 9 months now! I went on an exchange with her. Well, she came to Chilliwack from Abbotsford for the day.

This week I was able to read about Christmas in America. It starts in 3 Nephi 1 in verse 4. It's fun to read because it's so different than the normal Christmas story in Luke! I hope that we can all remember the REAL reason that we celebrate Christmas. Christ was able to give us the greatest gift of all...the atonement! So that we can all return to live with our families and our Heavenly Father again. It's such a wonderful blessing and I love sharing this message with people, especially at this time of the year!

Write me letters! I love you all! Merry almost Christmas!
 
Sister Struempler

No comments:

Post a Comment