Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Last Night...

Tonight is my last night! I leave for the MTC tomorrow bright and early. That's one thing that I'm going to have to get used to. Waking up early. I'm soooo not a morning person. Ahhhh! Well...anyways. I got set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a wonderful experience. I now have to live like a missionary. No more shark week *sigh* Well, there are more important things to do.

Packing was interesting. I was able to fit all of my clothes and shoes that I wanted, and both my suitcases are under 50 pounds! YAY! Space-bags are seriously magical. My sister is happy seeing all the stuff I'm leaving. Gotta love little sisters!

Now the important stuff. I'm so nervous. I am so happy that I made the decision to serve, but my nerves are really kicking in. I hope that I will be able to sleep tonight! I doubt it. I wonder who my companions are going to be? The people that I'm going to meet? The food I'm going to taste? I am just going to have to learn to take on one day at a time. There is no point in fretting about the future.

I know that this gospel is true. I know with all my heart that it is. I love this gospel. I love my friends and family, and I'm going to miss them sooooo much!! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that there are prophets on the Earth today. I know that I was called by a prophet of God to serve the people of Vancouver. There is a reason for everything. I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life!

Love,
Sister Struempler

P.S. Send me letters please!

Don't worry, my sister took these!


He does secretly love me, I think

2 comments:

  1. We're so proud of you, Sister Struempler! I know you're going to be a fantastic sister missionary and Vancouver's lucky to get you. Loves...Sarah ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sent you a letter!! Can't wait for you to get it =)

    ReplyDelete